If you’re a creative person and enjoy doing DIY projects for your home decor, it is always better to experiment and try making new things which are not your forte. DIY works are very satisfying, fun and creative, where you can unleash your innovations as much as possible. For many women, making something unique and creative at home is a hobby. And Women in Business is here to help you transform your hobby into a home business.
So, today we have introduced a new section “How To/DIY” in our blog where we will help our women to make interesting things at home. Who knows by regular practice, you can become an expert, after all, practice makes a man perfect? And, once you become perfect in making something at home, you never know, when you can become a successful entrepreneur from home. So, let’s start with a very common product, CANDLES.
Well if you ask why candles, the answer is candles are always a crafter’s delight. Beautiful, easy to make and make way for a good home business. Not only that, you can make candles for your own home or as gifts to someone special. Moreover, it is altogether a different feeling when you can beautify your home with your homemade candles.
How to Make Candles at Home?
- Wax: Wax can be Paraffin Wax, Soy Wax, Palm Wax, Beeswax, Granulated Wax, Gel Candle Wax.
- Wick: Get thick ones and of various lengths so that you can experiment with different sized containers
- Container: A small glass or cup or votive holders or any ceramic or glass containers
- Fragrance and colors (optional)
- Pot to melt the wax
- Take an old pot. You can also opt for a double boiler.
- Put it on the gas or electric stove
- Pour the desired quantity wax in it. The quantity is double the size of the container.
- Heat and let the wax melt, stirring frequently.
- Pour little drops of fragrance oil in the melted wax and mix it properly. You can also add colours if you want to
- In the meantime, fix one end of the wick at the bottom of the container by dipping it in the melting wax then quickly sticking it or by using glue.
- Now, pour the liquid wax in the container slowly. Hold the wick in place. Keep some wax in the pot for last minute filling up. Once the container is filled, keep two skewers or ice cream sticks to help keep the wick in place. Let the wax sit in the container for few hours to harden.
Your candle is now ready. Isn’t this simple and so easy? Once you learn to make a basic candle, you can experiment with more styles. You can customize with shapes, containers, wicks, fragrances, and colors.
Stay tuned to this section for such interesting DIY projects. In the meantime, if you want to start a candle business from home, READ ON
For more info, get in touch with us here